Developed specifically to:
- Reduce and prevent pigment spots
- Unify and lighten the skin tone
Performing a chemical peel involves applying one or more exfoliating agents to the skin to cause controlled damage, followed by the release of cytokines and inflammatory mediators resulting in the regeneration of the epidermis, the formation of new collagen, the reorganization of the elastic fibers and the increase of the dermal volume.
Complex with 35% active ingredients (azelaic acid, salicylic acid, 4% betaine, lactic acid, mandelic acid, ursolic acid, menthol).
Properties of main active ingredients:
- Azelaic acid is characterized by its sebum-regulating properties (inhibits the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme). It normalizes keratinization, has an anti-bacterial effect, inhibits the proliferation of oxygen-reactive substances (found in inflammatory and photoaging processes) and regulates skin pigmentation (inhibits the tyrosinase enzyme)
- Lactic acid brightens and evens skin, reducing dark spots. Lactic acid suppresses melanin formation by directly inhibiting tyrosinase and melanogenesis activity. In addition, lactic acid improves the skin's natural moisture factor, and keep the skin moisturized therefore, feeling less dry.
- Salicylic acid is a Beta Hydroxyacid that reduces the cohesion of corneocytes causing the exfoliation of dead and damaged cells, promoting a refined skin texture and an even tone.
Salicylic Acid strengthens the action of azelaic acid.
Salicylic acid is beneficial in whitening the face, correcting skin imperfections and hyper pigmentations, improving the texture and radiance of the skin, without the irritations commonly associated with alpha acid hydroxides (thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties).
- Mandelic acid:
Although mandelic acid does not penetrate deep into the skin thus avoiding the risk of irritation (making it possible to treat patients with sensitive or dark skin). It has lightening properties for dark spots, such as those seen in melasma. Moreover, it can stimulate the production of collagen, which has anti-aging effect and helps reduce wrinkles.
Betaine is a natural substance that was initially derived from sugar beets. The benefits of betaine in skincare include anti-inflammatory, soothing to the skin, hydration and anti-aging.
In a study4 conducted by the manufacturer, a lotion containing 4% betaine was assessed for its skin whitening activity. The test was performed in Thailand on 22 panelists having dark skin. Measurements of the skin colour was done with a Chromameter Minolta CR 321 as well as digital photos.
The results show a significant lightening of the skin. This was also perceived by the panellists with 100% of them declaring having clearer blotches and 90% less large blotches. These results open the way for betaine to be used in conjunction with other ingredients in new whitening products. It most probably acts as an anti-inflammatory preventing that route of stimulation of the melanocytes.
- Ursolic acid is extracted from the leaves of Loquat (Eriobotrya japonica). It is used as a skin lightener. It also has a regenerating and restructuring action.
- Menthol make this peel very comfortable due to its cold & fresh effect.
Bottle of 50ml (for approx. 20 to 30 patients) / 1.7 fl. oz.
Instructions for use and application protocol:
Follow step by step the attached manufacturer's instructions (very detailed document in English, French, German).
Prepare the skin with IDEALDERM Peeling Lotion or Peeling Pads 2 to 3 weeks before the peeling treatment and during the periods of time between the different peeling sessions. It is essential to apply IDEALDERM peeling lotion to facilitate the uniform and deep penetration of the chemical peel and to get a peeling more efficient and durable. It also promotes faster re-epithelialization of tissues. In addition, it allows to detect a possible intolerance of the patient to acids, thus reducing the risk of complications..
Bottle of 50ml (for about 20 to 30 patients) / 1.7 fl. oz.
- Graduated cop included to measure the correct quantity and possibly dilute the product during the first applications.
- Very detailed user manual in several languages including English.
4: Danisco internal data, Dermscan report 09E2296, 2010.